Razer Synapse functions as an interface allowing you to configure the multiple characteristics of Razer PC. With its help, you get to control all the components of your PC. When a tool such as this is useful, it is frustrating to deal with the Razer Synapse not opening on your PC problems that occurs many times.
Like any other software, this one too has its fair share of bugs leading to Razer Synapse not opening. If you encounter the Razer Synapse not opening very often, you have come to the right place. Take a look below at all the methods you can apply to fix the Razer Synapse not opening.
Firstly, you must reinstall the app so that the existing bugs could be fixed. Now, reinstall all the Razer drivers. There are two ways to do this. Next, remove all the temporary files and turn off the Windows firewall. Shut down the Razer background process.
Reasons behind Razer Synapse not opening Issue?
Before we get to know the methods, it is essential to be familiar with the reasons behind Razer Synapse not opening.
- Due to failures in the Razer device driver.
- Missing or corrupted files.
Your Windows firewall can also block the Synapse leading to the Razer Synapse not opening issue. In short, there are multiple possibilities. From driver issues and bugs in the app to incomplete installation and missing files, Razer Synapse not opening can be attributed to several causes.
However, dependinng on the issue we can apply a solution to fix this problem. If you do not know the exact issue causing Razer synapse won’t open problem then just apply the below solutions one by one.
How to fix Razer Synapse not opening problem
Now that we know what could cause the Razer Synapse not opening problem, let’s quickly learn about the methods that can be applied.
1. Reinstalling the app
One of the main reasons behind Razer Synapse not opening is that there may be some missing files. This may happen if the installation process was incomplete or the files got infected due to a virus. Eliminating either possibility can be achieved by reinstalling the app on your computer.
Before that, however, you need to uninstall the existing one as well as clear any residual files. For the reinstallation process, it is essential to download Razer Synapse from its official website. After the downloading is over, follow the steps below:
- Run the executable.
- It will extract the files and organize them before you proceed to the installation window.
- Accept the Razer end-user license before you proceed.
- The installation begins as soon as the licensing is agreed.
- After the installation is complete, click finish and exit from the installation wizard.
You have reinstalled the app. Now check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem has been resolved or not. If it’s still there, check out the next solution.
2. Reinstalling the Razer Device Drivers
Another reason for the Razer Synapse not opening issue is due to some fault with the Razer device driver. Reinstalling them therefore is a good way to prevent the Razer Synapse not opening issue. Follow the steps below:
- On the windows search bar, type Device Manager and search for it.
- Start the program and expand the options listed below;
- Mice and other pointing devices.
- Human interface devices.
- Right-click on Razer devices under each of the above options.
- Click on uninstall device.
- An option reading “Delete the driver software for this device” appears. Check it.
- Now click the uninstall button.
- Unplug every component of Razer from the PC and restart it.
- Once the PC restarts, plug all peripherals of Razer back to your PC.
Windows detects the components of Razer automatically and the downloading of drivers will begin accordingly. You can do it manually on Windows update as well as via the device manager. After the installation is over, check whether you still have to deal with the Razer Synapse not opening issue or not. In case you do, check out the next method.
3. Uninstalling the Razer Surround
Razer Synapse might display a popup of a feature update when you connect your PC to the internet. This popup comes with a recommendation about installing Razer Surround.
This tool might be a source of hindrance for Razer Synapse ultimately leading to Razer Synapse not opening. Therefore, you shouldn’t ignore the popup and not install Razer Surround. In case you already unknowingly did, you can always uninstall it. The steps are as follows:
- Search for “Add or remove programs”
- You can also go to the RUN dialogue box and type “appwiz.cpl”
- The list of all the programs installed will be displayed on screen.
- Find Razer surround, select it and then choose uninstall to delete it from your PC.
Now check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem still persists or not. Go to the next solution if it does.
4. Removing all temporary files related to Razer Synapse
Temp files created for individual use, remain in the system even though they are no longer used. These files have often led to the Razer Synapse won’t open issue. Therefore, it’s always better to get rid of them from time to time. The following steps elaborate on how to go about this process.
- Open RUN dialogue box.
- Type %temp% and click OK.
- You will find the temp folder at C:UsersUserNameAppDataLocalTemp.
- Press Ctrl + A and select every temp file in the folder.
- Click on the delete option.
All the files may not be open for deleting as Windows might prevent you from deleting certain files that are being used at present. Once you have removed the rest, however, launch the app and check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem still persists. There’s always the next step to go to if it does.
5. Turning off windows firewall
Windows defender firewall is known to cause the freezing as well as start-up prevention services like NZXT Cam or Razer Synapse app leading to the Razer Synapse not opening issue. Therefore, the only way out in this case is to turn off the firewall, atleast temporarily. This is guaranteed to fix the Razer Synapse not opening problem. The steps turn off are listed below:
- Press Windows + R.
- After the RUN dialogue box opens up, type firewall.cpl.
- Now click on OK.
- After Windows firewall window opens, click on “turn windows defender on or off”.
- Turn off the windows defender firewall for public as well private networks by clicking on the checkbox.
Now check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem still exists. You know what to do in case it does.
6. Shutting down the Razer Background Process
You have the option to force-stop the background process of Razer before you open Razer Synapse on your PC. It may be the case that a running process in the background isn’t allowing another program to run properly. Shutting down will be of immense help in that situation. Here are the steps.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC and open Task Manager.
- Select the Razer process in the background and click on End Task.
Once you have closed the background process, open Razer Synapse to check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem still exists.
7. Check if there’s an update available
In case all the above methods have failed to fix the Razer Synapse not opening problem, you can try out a Windows update. These updates are made available frequently for multiple security as well as general improvements.
Most of the times, these updates happen automatically. However, if the settings in your device are not organized accordingly, you will have to do the whole thing manually. The steps to follow are listed below:
- In the search bar on Windows, type Update.
- Click on the “Check for Updates”.
- The Windows update window appears on screen.
- In case your PC isn’t updated, click on Check for Updates.
- Download the updates that are available.
Now reboot your system and run the app to check if the Razer Synapse not opening problem still persists or not. This time it has to go away.