With the growth of the crypto industry, many people have started using the Trust Wallet. If you are a beginner, you might not be familiar with the basics of a Trust Wallet. You will find it hard to use a Trust Wallet without knowing the basic steps like how to enable trust browser.
Once you’re aware of the steps, you can easily enable Trust browser. If you don’t enable the DApp browser on the Trust wallet browser, you will not be able to access multiple apps like PancakeSwap, Mobox, and SPELLFIRE.
To enable Trust browser on your Android device or iOS one only needs following some simple steps. There are multiple options available in the trust browser which leads to a lot of confusion. It will not be easy for you to access all the DApps from your mobile device if you are using an IPS service. Continue reading to find out more about the DApp browser and the Trust wallet.
What is a Trust Wallet?
The shortcode trust:/browser helps the users to activate the DApp browser on their trust wallet. The shortcode supports Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, and Edge.
Trust Wallet is one of the best apps that is used to receive, store and manage cryptocurrencies on your phone. You can create a Trust Wallet account using the Ethereum Blockchain technology of the Binance app. It is one of the best apps to check Decentralized Apps on a phone. Surely there are other such apps too but this one is more popular for its many useful features.
What is a DApp Browser?
The DApp Trust Wallet is a feature that you can add to your present browser. DApp browser acts as a window to access, visit and work with Decentralized Apps on your device. It gives you access to multiple apps like the PancakeSwap Application.
Using the preferred option for your device, you can activate the DApp feature on the trust wallet. On enabling the DApp browser on Trust Wallet, you will gain access to different DApps and make use of your account.
DApps is a term related to Trust Wallet which refers to decentralized applications. The DApp is a Web3-compliant browser that allows users to access applications like PancakeSwap. DApps or decentralized apps are applications that run on a P2P network. This network connects all the computers and allows several participants to perform various tasks.
A Decentralized App can be described in two ways:
- There will be no control of the Ethereum Blockchain by any person or group. The Ethereum Blockchain is an open public platform that helps with the operation of DApps.
- As for the functionality of the app, it is said to have zero problems. The developers have made sure that the app works perfectly regardless of the environment in which they are used.
What is PancakeSwap Exchange?
PancakeSwap is a popular application that can be found on the DApp browser. It acts as the platform for decentralized exchange (DEXs) built on Binance smart chain where the iPhone, Android and other iOS devices can easily trade and keep tokens based on their will.
PancakeSwap lets you to swap between the cryptocurrencies by tapping into the user generated liquidity pool. In order to use the app, it is important to enable the DApp browser on Trust Wallet. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use it.
How to enable DApp browser on Trust Wallet on iOS
The Trust wallet cannot be enabled on iOS. This is because, on June 9, 2021, Trust Wallet announced that the DApp browser will be completely removed from the iOS version. The app was removed because it did not comply with the App Store guidelines.
But don’t worry. If you are an iPhone user, you can still use DApps by connecting DApps manually with your Trust Wallet iOS app. Even though the process might seem difficult, you can do it easily using two methods.
Method 1: Using Trust Browser Enable Process
Go through the first method to complete the process of ‘Trust browser enable‘.
- Open the Safari Browser. It is important to use the Safari Browser so you can efficiently enable the DApp browser on Trust Wallet.
- Next, tap on the URL bar on Safari and type ”trust://browser_enable“. Then click Enter.
- After you do this a pop-up message will appear. Authenticate the pop-up message and click on ‘Open’. The next message will show ‘Open this page on Trust‘ with two options: ‘Open‘ and ‘Cancel‘. Click on Open and continue. If you want to reverse an operation, you can select Cancel.
- Go back from the Safari browser to the Trust Wallet application and you will notice the ‘Browser‘ option at the bottom.
- This is how you enable the DApp browser on the iOS device. Finally, choose the preferred app and continue with the exchange process.
You will find an icon in the navigation bar of the Trust wallet once the DApp browser has been enabled. The icon is labeled as ‘Browser’ in the navigation bar at the bottom. The icon will not be available if the DApp browser is not enabled or installed.
If you don’t find the Trust wallet enabled, try to repeat the whole process or look at the second method. Let us find out more about the second method.
Method 2: Using the PancakeSwap website
If you find that the first method is not working for you, try out this one. This is another method used by iOS devices.
- Use Chrome or Safari to visit the official website of PancakeSwap.
- Once the first step is done, look for the ‘Connect’ button at the top of the navigation bar.
- A pop-up appears when you click on ‘Connect‘. The pop-up states ‘Connect To Wallet’. A list appears which comes with options of crypto wallets. Among the list of options, choose WalletConnect.
- Another pop-up will appear with a list of wallets you can connect with. Now find the Trust wallet and try to enable the trust wallet.
- Next, a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to continue using Trust Wallet. Then click on ‘Open and look for the option ‘Connect’.
- In case you are unable to find the button, force stop the application and repeat the whole process.
- Once you have clicked on ‘Connect’, the Trust wallet browser will be enabled.
How to activate DApp browser on Trust wallet on Android
The steps to enable Trust browser are easier for Android.
- Download the Trust App from the Google Play Store.
- Once you have downloaded and set it up, tap the Trust Wallet icon and wait until it loads. Remember to connect with the Trust Wallet account in order to use the DApp browser without any trouble.
- Go to settings: Once the app opens, scroll down and go to ‘Settings‘. You will find the option at the bottom right corner.
- A pop-up will appear: After that, look for the ‘Preferences’ option and click on it to proceed.
- Select DApp browser from the pop-up screen: You have to keep the DApps on Trust Wallet enabled on the page.
- You will now find two options: ‘Enable’ and ‘Clear Browser Cache’. Click on Enable and select ‘ON’. Once it is enabled, the DApp browser menu will appear at the bottom of the main page.
With this we come to the end. That was everything about how to trust browser enable. Each and every step associated with the process of Trust browser enable or enabling the DApp browser on Trust Wallet has been mentioned here.
With these steps, you can easily enable the DApp browser on Trust Wallet. Using DApps on Android is straightforward whereas for iOS users it can be a bit tricky. Try to use an Android phone (if possible) while accessing your trust wallet account.
- What is a Decentralized Exchange?
DEXs act as platforms where one can buy and sell cryptocurrencies without involving brokers. For people who are to have more control over their funds, DEXs are a great choice.
- What is DApps?
Whenever you search for ‘trust browser enable’, you will come across the term DApp. DApps are applications that are different from the standard web-based applications. It consists of a series of individuals and organizations working on a computer through a P2P network connection in order to drive content.
- How do I activate the Trust Wallet?
Visit the official website trustwallet.com and download the app. Once the download and installation part is over, open the app and click ‘open a new wallet‘ option. You will get a 12-word recovery phrase which will act as the backup of funds.
- How to add Trust Wallet to Chrome?
Visit the page https://metamask.io/download.html and install the extension on the Chrome browser. Once it is installed, it will take you to the welcome page to create or add a new wallet. Click on the ‘Import Wallet‘ option. Enter the 12-word recovery phrase in the Metamask to start with the importing of the funds.
- What about iOS users who had the DApp browser enabled on their Trust Wallet?
The iOS users who had the browser enabled on their Trust Wallet before June 2021, will still have access to their account. All they have to do is launch the app and go to the history section. They can view, access and collect the funds.