How To Record Audio From Any Online Music Streaming Website
On the Internet, you can listen to almost every song you want. If you’re very lucky then you can easily find download link of your favorite songs to download locally on you PC or Smartphone and listen anytime. However, if you not able to get your song downloaded, the Internet still has lots of online audio streaming websites from where you can play the song online and enjoy listening it. There are lots of free music streaming website and online radio stations from where you can search and play your desired song quickly.
But, having a song/music/audio downloaded locally is a big advantage because then, you can transfer the song to any of your devices, share with your friends and enjoy listening them as many times as you want without using Internet connection or waiting for the song to buffer.
So, how do we record audio from website of our choice? Today I am telling you tricks that will help you to save your record streaming audio from online music streaming or any other website to your computer locally.
How to Record Audio From Website
Method #1: Using Windows Stereo-mix
Microsoft has included Stereo-mix recording device with several versions of the Windows operating system. Stereo-mix acts like a sound driver but instead of recording sound from any external device (for example, Microphone), it can be used to record audio being played on your computer.
Therefore, we are going to use this feature to record audio from website (either from online music streaming website or radio station or any other webpage).
Steps To Follow:
- Right-click on speaker icon from right side or your taskbar and select “Recording Devices”.
- Right-click on blank space at “settings” box and choose “Show Disabled Devices”.
- Right-click the “Stereo Mix” option and select “Enable”.
- Disable any other microphone by right-clicking on them and select “Disable” option.
- Click on “Apply” then “OK”.
- Open your Start menu and at its search-box, type “Sound Recorder” (without quotes) and hit “Enter”.
- Open your web browser, and navigate to from where you want to record audio.
- Click “Record audio” at “Sound Recorder” box.
- Play audio from the webpage.
- Wait until audio playing finishes then click on “Stop” at “Sound Recorder” box and save the audio anywhere in your computer.
Note: “Step 3” confirms if your Windows have Stereo mix support or not. All Windows versions don’t have this feature.
Method #2: Use Some Powerful Software to record audio from website
If you find the above method somewhat tricky then there are some great software tools that you can use to record audio from website. Here I am sharing those tools which provide this solution in an easy way.
Audacity is a popular audio editing software with lots of important features for an audio editing need such as sound-mixing, noise removal etc. You can download the software for free and record computer playback using this software. Audacity lets you record audio from websites.
If you are interested in downloading audio from only radio stations then ScreamerRadio is the easiest solution that you can have to download streaming audio is high quality from online radio stations. The software gives you free access to over 4000 online radio stations and also lets you to record music from those stations too.
Aktiv MP3 Recorder is another quick solution to record audio from website or any application. It supports various sound formats WAV, MP3, WMA, OGG, AU, VOX, and AIFF and lets you encode recorded audio to these formats.
These methods help you record audio from website or radio station and save it on your system. These days people mostly need to record the audio of their online meetings, video conferences, etc. If you prefer to install very few software then obviously, you should try #1 Method but if you’re thinking to use any of the provided software then I recommend you to use Audacity.
Other Cool Hacks
- Add Text-To-Speech Feature To Chrome and Listen Webpages
- 5 Best Portable Audio Players
- 7 Best Audio & Music Apps For Android