If your desktop or laptop seems to be slowing down because of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application, then you are not alone. It is not too difficult though to detect the issue caused by the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application.
The function of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application is to allow you to use Windows PC for watching cable TV. But if you are facing problems due to this application, you need not worry at all.
Here are three tried and tested ways in which you rid your system of any issue caused by the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application. But let’s take a little time and familiarise ourselves with this application.
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application is actually a component of Windows Media Centre. The function of this app is to ensure that your PC receives digital signal and can display it properly.
In other words, Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application helps you to watch cable channel on a laptop or PC. To know if there is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application in your device, read its label.
This is a safe application but it can lead to high CPU usage and other resources which is why many people prefer to remove it from their system.
Why switch off Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application?
The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application can also be referred to as the ehprivjob.exe process. The software in your PC is connected to this non-system process. Whenever your run this software, the system registry stores the data.
If there are invalid entries created by the app on your PC, it might get slower. To summarise, Windows Media Centre and the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application run simultaneously. It starts automatically.
You can go to the Task Manager of your laptop to check if it has come in contact with a TV tuner app. In a majority of situations, if such a connection is established and both apps are running simultaneously, the CPU is not exactly that affected.
However, sometimes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application is shown to slow down the performance of your laptop. Sometimes the digital TV can become a source of major disturbance for your system, especially when multiple processes are running at the same time. It is during such situations when you must remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application.
If the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application is causing trouble then it has to go. Period.
How to remove Digital TV tuner device registration application?
When idle, ehPrivJob.exe does not use too many resources of the system and thereby does not slow down the performance of your system to bother you. And then there are occasions when this executable ends up with some glitches.
Even though your laptop or PC is not involved in any kind of TV tuning chores, it is possible for the executable to run at its maximum speed. In such situations, that is, the running of the executable poses considerable threat to your system as it becomes totally counter-productive.
The consequence of this can be witnessed in the form of
- A massive number of file creation and storage on either your SSD or your HHD.
- Another consequence of this running of the executable is the creation of invalid entries in the registry.
This causes the overall performance of your laptop or PC to slow down. Despite all these issues, it is always dependent on the user whether they want to remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application. This is because different people have different uses of their computer.
There are those who want to use their PC or laptop so that they watch TV channels via the tuning feature. In that case, it is not advisable to remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application. Doing so might eliminate the feature completely.
You can always employ the Restoro Repair app in order to scan your repositories as well as replace any file that is either missing or has become corrupt. This situation arises mostly when there is some kind of a corruption in the system and it can be fixed via the Restoro Repair app.
But then there are those who are not bothered about the TV tuning process. And upon investigation, it is discovered that the executable discussed earlier is consuming too many resources of your system.
In that case the only way out for you is to remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application. The following three methods of removing the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application are applicable for both laptops as well as PCs.
Method 1. Turning off the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application with built-in features of Windows
The primary method of removing of the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application is to switch off the features of Windows Media Centre. The steps to follow are listed below.
- Open the Control panel of your system by pressing the Windows key or typing the words Control Panel after clicking the Start button.
- Another way to do this is via Run dialog box. Just press Windows + R simultaneously, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and then click OK.
- After the control panel appears on your screen, search the option that says Programs and Features and select it.
- Select the option that says Turn Windows feature on or off.
- Keep scrolling until your find the Media Features option and click on the + sign for expanding it.
- Search Windows Media Centre and click on the checkbox adjacent to it.
- Click on OK and then reboot your system.
Method 2: Using the Resource Monitor for stopping the error
If the previous method to remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application did not bear any fruit. In that case, read the following steps and try them out.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously. The Task Manager option will open up.
- You can also do so pressing Windows + R to open the Run dialog box. Type the word ‘remson’ and then press Enter.
- Click on the tab that reads Performance and then click on Open Resource Monitor which you can see below.
- Search for the CPU, Disk, and Memory sections and take a look at them.
- Find the ehprivjob.exe process in each section to stop it.
- Right-click on each section and then select the End Process option.
(If you think there are other processes that are consuming excess memory, you can stop them as well from here.)
Method 3: Uninstalling the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application
If you are reading this method, then the other two probably didn’t work at all. In that case, you are only option left is uninstalling the Digital TV Tuner Device. Doing so will eliminate the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application forever.
It will also delete all registry entries on your system. The steps of this process are as follows.
- Go to Control Panel and select the Programs and Features option inside it.
- Search for the program titled Digital TV on the installed programs’ list and then click on it.
- Click on Uninstall on top of the window.
- Follow the uninstallation wizard and wait as long as the process does not get over.
- Now go to the Registry Editor and press Windows + R and type Regedit in the dialog box that appears on screen.
- Go to the following address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware) and search for that folder which contains the digital TV tuner to delete it.
- Now, go to another address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionRuneg UI) to delete any entry
- Upon finishing the process, reboot your system.
Now you know the role of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration application and how to get rid of it. You can check from the resource monitor of task manager to see how much resource the app is consuming.
If the resource usage is too high then you can either delete it from the task manager or get rid of it permanently.